Do you care for a child with difficult behaviors?
Karen Poitras is a Certified Therapeutic Respite Provider and Certified Advanced Parenting Coach, and is ready to help your family heal and bring laughter back into your home! Teaching in a relaxed, fun, real-life manner, Karen offers seminars, courses, webinars, and support to parents, teachers, respite providers, health professionals and others, giving them the tools they need to help heal the children they love.
Are you ready for change?
Together we can make a difference in the hearts and lives of children and families suffering from the effects of RAD.
Karen lives in a house filled with books, quilts, and coffee in a tiny little town in Southern Manitoba where the winters are cold and the summers are sunny.
She owns Next Generation Attachment, providing therapeutic resources and respite for families and children suffering from the effects of Reactive Attachment Disorder (RAD), and is the founder of The RADish Ranch (www.theradishranch.org), a not-for-profit organization that provides therapeutic services, camps, respite, and trainings to children, families, and professionals from all across North America.
Karen’s goal is to bring therapeutic services to every child with RAD and to gather a network of therapeutic help for every family who has taken a child suffering from trauma into their hearts and homes.
Experience and Certifications
- Therapeutic Intervention Team Member at over 15 Healing Hearts Camps
- Double Certified Therapeutic Respite Care Specialist through Families By Design
- Certified Advanced Parenting Instructor for Challenging Children through Families By Design
- Certified in Respite Services Training through SafeGuards Training for Children and Adult Services
- Brain Story Certification through Alberta Family Wellness Initiative
- SSP Provider
- HeartMath Provider
- President and Founder of The RADish Ranch
- Elementary School Teacher for 4 years