Deborah is a Southern Georgia gal, with a wonderful southern accent and a huge heart to match. She has worked with children and families for over thirty years in a variety of settings. She is passionate about sharing the effective tools and techniques she has learned with professionals and families. Since 2006, Deborah has been on a personal journey to acquire as much understanding and knowledge of what happens to the hearts and minds of children who experience early childhood trauma. She has researched the effects of the trauma (attachment disorder/reactive attachment disorder) through reading multiple books and articles dedicated to this condition. Her quest to learn more about attachment disorder, along with other mental health issues continues, as she believes there is always more to learn.
- Certified Peer Specialist (CPS)
- Certified Psychiatric Rehabilitation Practitioner (CPRP)
- B.S. Addictions Counseling; Emphasis in Early Childhood Development
- Child and Family Advocate
- Certified Instructor for Advanced Parenting for Challenging Children, through Families by Design (Nancy L. Thomas & Rose E. Baker)
- March 2011 volunteered at Camp Attach (Family Bonding Camp) in FLA—getting absolute honor of working beside and with Nancy Thomas
Deborah has the experience and passion to put the parenting tools and techniques into action and bring hope to families and professionals. She is available for parent and professional trainings, workshops, seminars and phone consultations. She also has excellent books, DVD’s, audio CDs, and other resources available, written by Nancy Thomas and other attachment specialists, for parents and professionals to purchase. These tools can be used as an adjunct to trainings; and will help parents to re-create a child that is respectful, responsible, and fun to be around—the ultimate goals for all our hurting and wounded children!
Deborah Archer, B.S.
South East Georgia